• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1st UOA on the new motor

• Staff

For those that don't know or recall the specs of the engine they are in the link in my sig..

BLUF: 7730 miles and 600 gallons which means an average mpg of 12.88. Simply put those where not the easiest miles one could put their truck thru. 3636.8 miles of towing (47%) where at least 2500 were above 18K GCW and nearly all of those where in/around the Idaho Mountains. Average speed was 29mph and at least 300-400 of the miles where towing on slow dirt roads with grades well over 10% in places.

I also have approx 40% more power than stock and ~90hp injectors.

Oil is Amsoil AME with a Donaldson ELF7349, 15um. and an Amsoil EaBP-110, 2um, bypass.

My OEM motor never had less than 1.6% soot and that was with the same power but smaller injectors. Yet another reason I am not a fan of the 325 pistons.

I have to say I am quite impressed.

The Moly and Magnesium are leftover additives from the Delo 400LE used for the first 3 oil changes. If those had not been "flagged" the Severity level would have been 0.

post-249-0-92978400-1436400728_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Staff

Not in the least. First it's a low number and 2nd it's a new engine where iron is always a little higher. I wouldn't ever even raise an eyebrow at 39. All engines wear and the #1 component is iron. Even thou it is higher than other wear metals it is still considered normal.

Amsoil typically tests high on copper, not iron that I am aware of, and it's typically due to additional oil cooler leeching. It is generally only isolated to the first time the oil gets hot from towing. For some that is on the first change and others it takes a while. Since my oil cooler has 85K miles with Amsoil the leeching has long since occurred.

Iron almost always seems higher with OAI than Blackstone but I am not sure if that means anything.