• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nissan Titan XD

AH64ID

• Staff

Looking at prototype photos and the article below there are some discrepancies. The article states a AAM 10.5" axle and a Aisin AS69RC transmission. The proptotype photos do not agree.

The rear axle pictures is clearly the 14bolt semi float axle, which is built by AAM but has a 9.5" ring gear.

The transmission is similar to but visually different than the AS69RC. Additionally, the AS69RC is HUGE overkill for 555 ft/lbs and a ~20K GCWR and expensive to boot.

I think it's uneducated speculation by Truck Trend. What do you guys think?

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1507-video-nissan-shows-hardcore-fans-new-2016-titan/

:offtopic: I saw an article about GM coming with a diesel in the new Colorado midsized pickups soon too. supposed 30+ mpg in a 2.4l ? 4 cyl .package.

Yep that's the rumor, I think it is a 2.8l duramax though. I know I'm pretty pumped to see small diesel pickups coming back.

• Like 1