• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i believe i have trans issues....

Sounds familiar....but I'll do it anyway. The going thru gears thing.

Question tho....why would dodge say to check in neutral if going thru gears is more accurate?

I turned off tuner....no change in sound.

Honesty, makes me consider selling it. I do like it....but dropping thousands in a 14yr old.....without mods....doesn't leave best taste in mouth. Know what I mean?

Crap thing to say....I know. Frustration kicks in...knowing a vp44 change could be 1500....stings...and that's with me doing the work.

Nonetheless. I thank you for the insight! I goes very appreciated.

You cycle through all the gears pausing between 3 to 5 seconds then you leave it in neutral to do the fluid check. You must cycle through the gears for the most accurate reading.

Extended pick up? As in oil pick up inside pan? If so, I have no idea. I've never dropped the pan. It is a deep pan....but not their deepest. Not sure if it needs an extension. If it does and it's not deep enough in fluid...it would make sense that it slips are turns.

I took hope it is...that's an easier thing to fix.

I'm still a little puzzled. Let's say it's a 2 qt sump. So 2 qt more than stock.

You add the 2 qt and now your back up to the level where it would be in stock form.

If it sloshes...it should slosh in stick trim and with deep pan. Also....how does the dip stick still read full??

I don't know what it looks like inside...I can imagine pick up being submerged all the time. Perhaps the point where it connects to valve body has come loose,separated...or leaks? This would behave funny with ant size pan...right?

Extra deep pan with standard pick up would mean lots of fluid in the bottom no reachable. And deeper probably means more slosh too. For your sake I hope that's the problem.

No extended pick up just an additional few quarts of ATF to help manage temps a bit better. I also have one from Mag Hytech

Exactly what I thought!

Now, is it possible to have some kind of leak where pick up attaches the VB? I don't know if it's a press fit or bolted...

There is no pickup besides the transmission filter attached to the valve body which if memory serves me right it is always bathing in ATF.