• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bleed Power Steering ?? 01 Ram 3500

Hi, I was wondering whats the best way to bleed the power steering system I had to drain it after removing the pump to fix a leaky vacuum pump. I got the truck steering after reving the engine to about 1500 rpm's but the brake are very very soft and the abs and parking lights also came on during the process...

Thanks

Thanks, what about the brakes ? I read elsewhere on the net that because my (abs and parking brake lights) are on in the dash that I could of damaged my master cylinder since the brake pedal was going down to the floor and it would of pushed parts in the master cylinder further then they would normally go... is that true ?

• Owner

That's a hydraulic failure if the pedal is travelling down farther than typical. Personally when I do a brake fluid flush at 30-50k miles I make sure to push it the full stroke. I want all the parts to get used. I don't want any surprises when the surprise happen on the highway. I want to stay in control.

Well when I first started the truck I could not move the steering at all and I had not brakes at all the brake pedal could not be pushed in. Then I lifted up front up revved the motor a bit and stuff started moving. Now I have steering and brakes... but not allot of brakes it not really safe. But I will work on it tonight I did not spend allot of time on it yesterday.

Edited by Z06Frank