• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Factory keyless entry

Aslong as the truck has a factory key FOB it automatically has the "security system" right ? Which basically means truck wont start if been locked with key FOB and unlocked with key correct ?

My 99 01.5 and current 02 all had a factory key FOB.I thought they were to just unlock and lock the doors when i had my 1st truck. Noticed there is a red light under the rearview on my 02. I assume flashes once armed ?

My 99 if you locked it with the FOB and unlocked the door with the key horn would go off. The 01.5 didnt do this or the 04.5 i had. Haven't tried with the current 02.

29 minutes ago, dripley said:

My 02 has key less entry but no security system. That I believe was an option. 

Interesting so yours all it does is unlock and lock the doors ? I will look at my build sheet to see what it says.

Edit: Just looked and its listed as two different options not even one after another on my buildsheet.
remote keyless entry
security Alarm.

Edited by moparguy55

5 minutes ago, moparguy55 said:

Interesting so yours all it does is unlock and lock the doors ? I will look at my build sheet to see what it says.

Edit: Just looked and its listed as two different options not even one after another on my buildsheet.
remote keyless entry
security Alarm.

I only have the keyless entry.