• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Factory keyless entry

Hello, 

i have a 1997 ram 3500 Laramie plus package. So I have the tan leather interior with wood grain which I'm told is very rare for a 12v truck. I found a truck at a local junk yard that is a 1997 that has factory keyless entry and I was wondering if anyone ever added factory keyless entry to their truck or if someone has a wiring diagram of how the keyless entry is wired. I basically want factory keyless or no keyless entry. I'm not really into the aftermarket ones, it might be the easier route but that not what I want. 

Edited by andrestauder55

I've though about it, but for the price of the aftermarket system I couldn't justify trying to make the factory one work. You can pick up an aftermarket one for 25 bucks and wire it in yourself. I do understand wanting the factory one though.

Parts:

RKE module: mopar part # 056021422

Pig tail cut from factory harness that plugs into the module. (Not necessarily but will make life a lot easier)

RKE  transmitter (Key Fob) part # 56007049  

Optioal items

to make my life easier and to make the install more plug and play I cut a pig tail off the cab side and off the door side from a power door lock harness. This aloud me to make a harness on my bench I could plug right into my factory harness. The wires coming out of the module all match up with the respected color of the wire in the factory power door lock harness. 

Additional information: 

Yellow wire out of module gets sliced into yellow wire on the sensor to turn the lights on when the door is opened 

Ground wire coming out of module hook up to somewhere on the metal structure of the dash

Green wire coming out of the module leave unhooked. This wire gets grounded using a jumper wire for programming 

Dark blue wire hook up to a hot will the key is on source 

Light Blue wire I left unhooked it's supposed to go to the buzzer module 

Edited by andrestauder55