• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a friend with a 98 12 valve. His fuel pump is going out. He wants to put a stock pump back on for $500.00 (includes labor). I told him to get a lifetime pump from one of the three big guns. Are the fuel pumps on the 12 valves as bad as the 24 valves?

NOOO, mine is stock with 320k on it. They hardly ever go out. They are mechanical and driven off a cam so they are pretty bulletproof. I have no idea how much they cost. I do think they wear out after time and aren't able to deliver as much fuel, seeing as how I used to be able to black out anything and now I have trouble even producing any black smoke :lol: They do need some lube from fuel to make them last longer, thats where a dab of 2 stroke will help every now and then.

• Like 1