• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

poor shifts and/or lack of pressure?

Ok here goes I got some trouble codes and it ended up being the shift solenoid so i dropped the valve body to replace the solenoid and wire harness at the same time readjusted both frond and back bands. well i thought it would be a good idea to pull the valve body partially apart and clean and check valves. well i put it back together but i messed up the kick down valve and put in backwards but now it is fixed. so it shifts now. but here is the kicker shifts from 2nd to 3rd takes a bit to shift and when it does and at low rpm in 3rd it goes in and out. also i let off the petal and rpm goes all the way to idle and holds no gear. 1st just does not seem to build up all the way but good shift to 2nd. once in 3rd and holding there is a good shift to 4th and then good to over drive. all shifts are at higher rpm than i am use to like a good 400 to 600 rpm higher. and at stops for longer than 10 seconds it loses gear then once it seems to build pressure it grabs hard and goes. or the real fun one is it jumps hard in and out of gear at the stop light making the truck buck trying to stall the truck. fluid level is good smells a little burnt but i am sure it is from the higher rpm shifts and i have good trans temp.HOPE someone has an idea thanks

Are you sure you put the TV valve linkage on the right way after you dropped the valve body down? It will install upside down or backwards can't recall right off and throw off the TV setting and cause the symtoms you have.. I know this from first hand experience.:banghead: