• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CD player eject problem...

• Owner

Well gang... My Kenwood MP3 player is actiung up and giving me fits. It was good ol' Mom that got me thinking... Well I grabed a old CD and flipped it up-side down and got a good grab on it and notice that when the disc was inserted you could feel it grab a bit strong on the label face. Hmmm... It also scratch the label face pretty bad... (Dirty) But I never let it go in... So this evening I start thinking and grab the scratched CD now and rapped a old tee shirt over it and dampen it with alcohol and inserted this shirt cover disc part way. The alcohol acts like a mold lubricant and allowed the roller to spin and against the tee shirt covered disc and clean the rollers. I start push and tug slightly as the roller pull and pushed. Now I got a MP3 deck that ejects the disc everytime now... No more fighting the player...:thumbup2:

So whats the fix for a cd player that wont "set" the cd into the spinner motor and spin it up? It just acts like the cd isn't going in so it keeps turning the rollers until you hit the dash really hard, then it all sets into place lol.

• Owner

Sounds like there is a reed switch that had debris caught in between the contacts... This sound like you need to open the radio up and look at it closely... You should be able yo remove the cover plate and hook back up and watch the action and see whats going on... There should be a reed switch or simular that detects the position of the CD.