• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

20014 3500

Posting for a guy that works for me. He was messing around checking things and discovered the turbo caked in oil from the breather tube. The truck has 200k. It was a over the road car hauler. It runs good whats going on there?

• 4 months later...

Highly recommend doing a ccv breather delete. That blow by is normal for a diesel but routing it into the intake of the engine is not!! This oil will shorten the life and efficiency of the turbo and reduce efficiency of the intercooler too!. Not to mention the CCV filters are a waste of money to change every 30k-40k miles. I have 3 6.7L cummins and have done it to all of them. There is kits you can buy for cheap to delete this but it is easy and cheap to insert a plug and hose clamp on hose that is upstream of the turbo (between intake filter and turbo). Open up the CCV filter and cut all the garbage out of it. Re-install it and then run a 5/8" hose to approximately the axle like the 5.9L and most pre-emissions vehicles did. Letting the crank case breath on its own is best for the longevity of the engine. GDP makes kits that I did run on all three trucks but the vent/filter that it came with is not as good as a design as I first thought. Not to knock GDP, I really like their other products. What I found was the blow by builds up in that little filter and eventually drips engine oil all over the exhaust manifold and makes a nasty mess. Cheaper and easier to run a piece of heater hose to low point of the engine bay. Feel free to message me if you would like pics, etc..