• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No power to my cruise.

I my drive my truck once a week or so, it's sat for over a week.  Wife needed the car so I checked the oil, found a family of mice on the engine.  Killed three of them, rest go away.  The light for the cruise never came on when I pushed the button and I tried a number of times when driving. Even thought maybe the light was burned out, but shrill no go.  Removed the cruise switches last night and with the key on there is no power to any of the wires.  Checked the fuses in the cab and under the hood, all fuses are good.  Never did find out whic fuse the cruise gets its power from.

The only thing I can think of is the mice chewed of a wire, but I haven't found any.

• Staff

Check the vacuum line and wires going to the cruise control servo which is located under the left battery box and in the left inner fender.  You may need to pull the battery and battery box out.  Over the years I've see lots of strange things and damage caused by rodents. One might have just eaten through a vacuum hose.

You won't get a 12v reading at the switches.  Only two wires come out of those switches.  A red/ lightgreen wire to pin #32 (speed control switch signal) at the PCM and a black/ light-blue wire to pin #4 (sensor ground) at the PCM.