• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P0216 after Tappet cover gasket replacement

Hey guys,  need a lil help here.  So i had to do some serious tear down of the truck to get to my tappet cover.  I found that it was leaking back when i did my rear main crank seal last time i was underneath the truck.  Needless to say to get to the tappet cover you have to pull the injection pump and lines 1,2, and 4 so that you can get the vp44 out of the way.  I was very careful when i was removing the vp44 to make sure that I didnt drop the key down the timing cover.  I aligned the key-way with the TDC mark on the top of the timing cover so that wouldnt happen. Removed the pump and went about my business.  On re-installation i put the pump back in made sure everything was aligned and bolted the vp44 down they way you are supposed to.  needless to say after I started it up i pop a p0216.  I didn't move the gear around while it was disassembled either.  Anybody have any ideas if I should pull the pump again and verify if things are lined up that way or should I go about pulling the timing cover to check and see whats going on?  BTW this pump was good before I began the work.

Any help would be appreciated.