• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello I am having two problems with my truck my pcm went bad so I put a external regulator  and that fixed my problem for almost a year now I having problem it will charge hard till I shut it off and won't charge till next day  and second problem is power steering and brakes stopped working I replaced steering pump but I have no brakes still spongey and help would be appreciated 

Did you bleed the system after you replaced the pump?

as for charging, can you go into more detail?  What does charge hard mean?  does it always have this weird 24 hour wait time between charges?  What regulator did you get? 

Have you checked for AC noise in the electrical system?

How do you have it wired?

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

Did you flush the power steering system before installing the new pump? Hopefully you doing just flush debris from the damaged pump into the new pump.

The blue wire should have +12V with the key on. The green wire should be a variable ground form the regulator. Is the regulator  bolted to clean ground metal? Where is bolted at excessive heat or excessive cold will offset the charging abilities. I would suggest you consider having the PCM repaired and only use this for a band-aid till the PCM is repaired.