• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking at 2012 Dodge 1500 Hemi w/ 65RFE trans

Looking at purchasing a 2012 Dodge 1500 Big Horn model  with Hemi with 65RFE transmission ~$18.5k and 50k miles.  Looks in good condition. If I get serious with it , I'll  take to mechanic to check.

Does any one have any known issue to look at or reservation on this year/model?  Giving my 1999 Dodge 24v Cummings to family member

Is there a better truck for about the same cost to look at before getting serious on this truck?

Thanks for your feedback ahead of time!

What cab design is it? 4x4 or 2wd?Either way you would be happy with it. I have put my 2010 1500 through hell @ 103K right now and still ticking strong. Had the tranny rebuilt @ 80K due to burned up clutch pack from heavy towing. Had it restacked different converter and some custom massaging done to the VB and she made a whole new rig out of it. I only wish I had 3.90 gears instead of the 3.55 gears with the amount I tow.

Will be an awesome rig then. $18,500 for a 2wd quad seems a bit high to me though. 4X4 would be a fair to me price but not for 2wd with that many miles. The Big horn package may add more value than I think though, I always buy the lower trim packages due to not wanting the headaches of all the extra bells and whistles to maintain and fix over time.

used 2WD rigs do not bring much money for resale in my area, they are not too common.

Edited by Wild and Free