• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power steering fluid filter

• Staff

I got the power steering flushed and the filter installed.  I found it one of the simpler things to service and add to the truck.  O'Reillys has the filter in a box with their in house label on it but inside is a Magnaflow inline transmission filter.  The hose clamps that come with it are to small, you need #8 size.

IMG_4643.JPG

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MPPB/991FLT2/N2242.oap?ck=Search_power+steering+filter+universal_N2242_5005221_2902&keyword=power+steering+filter+universal&pt=N2242&ppt=C0023  

If added an article in the 24 Valve 2ed Generation,  Axles, Suspension & Brakes about this.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I got the power steering flushed and the filter installed.  I found it one of the simpler things to service and add to the truck.  O'Reillys has the filter in a box with their in house label on it but inside is a Magnaflow inline transmission filter.  The hose clamps that come with it are to small, you need #8 size. 

Thanks for the link.  How about a picture of it installed?  I really like this idea, I would also like to add a drain line option with a valve, that would make changing the fluid much quicker.

9 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Thanks for the link.  How about a picture of it installed?  I really like this idea, I would also like to add a drain line option with a valve, that would make changing the fluid much quicker.

• Staff
13 hours ago, leathermaneod said:

I looked for your article but couldn't find it....maybe it just isn't get approved yet. Anyway do you have any pics of the filter installed?

The article is now up and can be viewed in the 24 valve 2ed gen. section. 

12 hours ago, Hawkez said:

A T-fitting in the return line with a valve attached to it would work.

Edited by IBMobile