• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need to Remove Radiator to Reseal Front Cover

Anyone tell me the best way to pull the Radiator out.... thought i saw a thread a while back and they removed the 3-bolts on the top post over the radiator, (the one bolted to the fenders) and lifted the hole thing out togrther....

I have got to remove the front cover because of oil leak... need to reseal w. gasket or silcone???

Richie

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Anyone tell me the best way to pull the Radiator out.... thought i saw a thread a while back and they removed the 3-bolts on the top post over the radiator, (the one bolted to the fenders) and lifted the hole thing out togrther....

I have got to remove the front cover because of oil leak... need to reseal w. gasket or silcone???

Richie

Sorry, I guess the correct term is "FRONT TIMING COVER"

All you have to do is take the 2 top bolts off that have the grommets around them, they don't have a nut they are just threaded into the crossover thing. The bottom of the radiator has tabs that it drops into so you just pull it straight up. You will have to take the fan off or just take the fan shroud off. Take the radiator hoses off and you should be good to go. Not really any other way to do it and you can't really get much easier than that :thumbup2:

post-45-138698165004_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

All you have to do is take the 2 top bolts off that have the grommets around them, they don't have a nut they are just threaded into the crossover thing. The bottom of the radiator has tabs that it drops into so you just pull it straight up. You will have to take the fan off or just take the fan shroud off. Take the radiator hoses off and you should be good to go. Not really any other way to do it and you can't really get much easier than that :thumbup2:

Thanks ISX, I got the Radiator, Air Charger & condencer removed today... also removed the Fan & removed the front timing cover. As it turns out, most of my oil leak was comming from the crank seal in the timing cover. The seal has left wearmarks or groves in the crank, i am searching now for a seal kit w/wearband.