• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Help ! Oil in air inlet tube

Today when i removed My Air Charge unit i found Oil laying in the rubber boot that connects the tube to Air Charger. when i took it loose at the turbo i did not find any trace of Oil. Iremoved the turbo and can't find any Oil or anything wrong, shaft is extremely tight and blades look great.. COULD THIS STILL BE COMMING FROM THE TURBO SEAL & BECAUSE OF PRESSURE IT IS CONDENCING AT THE INLET OF THE AIR CHARGE UNIT????

• Owner

I'm assuming your talking about the pipe heading towards the intercooler right? Ok to double check yourself... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/turbo/turbo.htm Truely there should be no oil inside the air piping at all... The only source is the turbo... So double check the turbo closely and see if there is other traces (or clues)...

It is fairly common to find oil there. If the filters were ever fairly plugged and towing heavy it is possible to pull some oil past the seal as there is a vacuum created in the intake at the point of pulling the restrictor gauge up.. Duramaxes actually say to remove the boot and clean the oil from it at regular service intervals and I think there is a drain valve on some newer ones.

It is fairly common to find oil there. If the filters were ever fairly plugged and towing heavy it is possible to pull some oil past the seal as there is a vacuum created in the intake at the point of pulling the restrictor gauge up.. Duramaxes actually say to remove the boot and clean the oil from it at regular service intervals and I think there is a drain valve on some newer ones.

IN November "2009" while draining the anti-freeze/ from radiator i noticed the bottom boot at the CAC had a oil residue around the clamps. When i took it apart there was oil skim in the Tube but, {not a puddle laying in the boot like this time}. I was running a K&N Filter at that time so after talking to Micheal/Mopar i passed it off as the filter being the cause & possiably over oiling. After taking everything apart, TUBES, BOOTS, REMOVED TURBO AND REMOVED HOUSING AND CLEANED, I installed the BHAF, Now that filter has around 5,000miles on it and that also means 5,000 miles ago i totally cleaned the entire system out, now a few days ago i found a puddle, "2-maybe 3 tablespoons" after removing i can see barly a trace behind the blades, I guess that it is only leaking under full boost and the pressure pushes it thru the tube and drops at the CAC because it is the lowest point ....