• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

electrical schematic???

Have a friend with a short in his tail light circuit. I isolated it to be forward of the connector near frame under drivers feet.  Lots of wires there. Where do i find a schematic? The wire is a 14 ga black. I cut it prior to the connector. Spliced the wire going to the rear to a long lead and temporarily ran it to the left headlamp circuit breaker. Wire going forward has a dead short. Overhead council and dash lights are also dead.

I was totally off base. The wire i cut was the ground. The schematic really helped. The problem was all rear wiring had no ground. Bad connection at the connector. Put power to tail lights and every filament in the harness would light up. Established the ground and all is better. BUT, Fuse 1 (15amp) panel on left side of dash, (called marker fuse) feeds tail light circuit. With tail and markers on, i pull fuse 1 and they all stay on.  I try the same thing on my truck. Turn on lights, pull fuse, lights stay on. How can this be?  Answer is , i had the wrong schematic. Fuse 1 is not to tail lights.

Edited by oldbeek
added tet