• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

For future reference...

Heading out to work today. Got about 1/3 of the way to work. Hit a small hill and suddenly the truck wouldn't shift up. Couldn't go much faster than 30mph. Trying to go faster, the transmission would hunt back and forth like it was going from 3 to 2 and back. 

So i pulled over and thought I toasted the transmission somehow. Got to calling around and local shop wanted me to limp it in. 

I eventually got to a down hill and it up shifted for me. After that it was okay to drive. Dunno how that happened. But i played it safe and still went to the shop. 

The owner put his scan tool on the truck and said my output speed sensor was bad. 

So i have him my business and 40 dollars later i had a new sensor replaced by him plus diagnostics. 

Of all things it was a sensor that i replaced 4 years ago...

So if you happen to encounter the same, maybe start with the sensor...

• Like 4