• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stock truck with clutch questions.

I have either a throwout bearing or something in bellhousing that is making noise untill you push clutch in or you take off driving. Also it seems now that its getting warmer outside you have to push the pedal all the way down to the floor to get the truck to shift properly. I have 155k miles and have only owned it for 5k miles of it. 1999 155k miles 5 speed. My question for you all is on the purchase of new clutch, I can go to Oreillys and get new one for $350 my price or spend a fortune on other brands??? I plan on doing airdog, big line kit eventually replacing my injection pump that is on way out, BHAF mod, and maybe a 65hp programmer in future. I don't race my truck I don't pull anything or very little so with this being said do you all see this Oreillys clutch being a problem? Has any of you don't napa, oreillys etc clutch and been happy? I have friend that says they are junk and I will go through 5 in two years???? I don't have lot of extra cash right now and the $350 sounds do-able. Thanks in advance. CD

• Owner

Hmmm... I can't say I've got a cheapy in now... ($800 bucks worth of SBC)... But if you plan on stock operation and don't plan on adding a bunch of mods then yes a stock clutch is fine... If you want to save a few bucks get the friction plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing. Then have you flywheel surfaced in a shop...