• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo replacment, which one to buy??

Yestarday, I pulled the boot of the CAC Tube and found "OIL" in the boot next to the CAC inlet. OEM turbo ex-change cost close to the price of new Aftermarket turbo. have narrowed it down to 3 choices, Switzer S300G, BD Super B kit or ATS Auroa 3000 kit. BD & ATS come's complete with downpipe and everything needed & is represented to be a "direct replacment fit", I am leaning toward ATS because of the 3yr. 150,000mile Warranty.. WHAT DO YOU GUY'S THINK WOULD BE THE BETTER CHOICE BASED ON MY MOD'S LISTED BELOW??? AN ONE RUNNING ONE OF THESE???

I only ran 3 different turbos.None are on your list.A buddy ran the ats with good luck.I like the package deal.Dont forget to pre lube it before you start the engine.:)

Thanks Dually, that is a good tip(sticky) I always pour synthetic in top of the oil inlet and spin the compressor wheel, doing this 2-3 times Micheal,.... I cant find the thanks button....where did you put it

Just because you found oil in the CAC doesn't mean a bad turbo. As I posted in your other repeat thread. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/1684-Help-!-Oil-in-air-inlet-tube?p=11791&highlight=#post11791 On the other hand I ran the BD super B and it was ok as an upgrade and with your 40 hp injectors I think would be a good match. I ran 90 hp injectors with mine and that was a bit much fuel for the little B as It would get hot egt's fast, 40-60 hp would be a good match. Where are you getting prices because oem replacements can be had for around 500 bucks as BD and ATS kits start around 1100-1200 and up.

Just because you found oil in the CAC doesn't mean a bad turbo. As I posted in your other repeat thread. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/1684-Help-!-Oil-in-air-inlet-tube?p=11791&highlight=#post11791 On the other hand I ran the BD super B and it was ok as an upgrade and with your 40 hp injectors I think would be a good match. I ran 90 hp injectors with mine and that was a bit much fuel for the little B as It would get hot egt's fast, 40-60 hp would be a good match. Where are you getting prices because oem replacements can be had for around 500 bucks as BD and ATS kits start around 1100-1200 and up.

Sorry WF... I should have explained, My Stock turbo is a HY35 w/9cm Ex. Housing which is why i can't stay in the throttle very long or turn the edge past #1",high EGT'S...My housing mounts w/ a V-clamp instead of bolts so i cant upgrade the rear housing. every place i have tried to exchange for a HX35 (has 12cm exh. housing) is around $900.00 to a 1000.00 because i am not trading in the same core.

Very bottom left of the post you want to thank..

Thanks ISX.. was logged in.. I forgot to log in...

Sorry Michael

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

E-bay has an endless supply of New upgraded HX35 turbos with the 4inch exh flanges ect, all for around 300 bucks.

the new one's i looked at on ebay were china Turbo's OEM & Switzer Knock-offs. found 2 used one had waste gate welded shut and the other i think had a modified exhaust housing...

but thanks..... i will check again.....