• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 injectors.

Killer223

To replace or not to replace. right now i have the money to replace my injectors in my 08, there are a few sign of them going bad.. i think. every now and then i have a long crank before it fires off. totally random.

they have 155K on them. but are bloody expensive.

So, should i bite the bullet and get them? i've never installed them. i've read horror story after horror story of botched installs.

or i'd have a local shop install them.

this is kinda a preventative maintenance thing.

So thoughts.

Tough call... Do you have to drive the 6.7 right now?  

I am going through some interesting financial times and I can say I am thankful I saved over the past decade.  

If I had to drive it, and could afford it the injectors would get changed.  I would much rather pay for injectors than injectors AND a rebuild.

do i have to.. no, i have 3 other vehicles i could take, however we usually drive it on the weekends with the boys n dog, so mega cab is very very nice for this.

my 04 has turned into a dump run, wood cutting truck. it has 240K on it's injectors. but is hardly driven anymore.

it wont hurt me money wise.

i've not heard much about 6.7 and bad injectors. like you do with the 5.9's.

mileage is decent.