• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

SunPro Fuel Sender

The only thing I see wrong with doing that is that the sender is most likey no compatable with the the PCM. Also then you would have to install the matching gauge for that sender.

Yeah - I was thinking of using the sunpro guage as well rather than trying to hook into the existing wire harness Going to try and take the bed off 1st and check the fuel sender and float etc ......... just says FULL all the time. :)

Drain the tank... And drop the tank... I've taken mine out replace the sender with a $70 one from the Dodge Dealer and re-installed the tank in under 1 hour... Really simple to do and you don't need a bunch of guys to hoist your bed off the truck. :whistle:

Yeah - I hear ya ...... but I have never taken the bed off so kinda curious to see how hard/easy - have access to joists and guys and ATV's with chains/ropes if required - just have to tee it up and drive 3 hours - but family so good to visit/hang So hard to disconnect everything (fuel lines and harness) from the inside ....... and then have to get the fuel out -> that sucked last time - but I was cheap and used a hand pump ..........:) I guess if I came from the otherside and disconnected the drive shaft I might have easier access - but not much ......... :P

• Owner

Simple... 1. Drain the tank the best you can and disconnect the filler tube and vent tube.2. Drop the carrier bearin on the driveshaft an tie towards the passenger side.3. Reach up and unscrew the sender ring.4. Now loosen the tank band and ease the tank tank and away from the frame allowing the sender to slide up and out of the tank. 5. Now that the tank is remove you can get to the fuel connections and unplug the wiring easy... I do things the easy way...