• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What's your guy's opinon on a evac/system that plums/plugs into the exhaust?Just thinking,,, (like the gassers use) they dont seem to pull hard enought to suck oil out, plus they have a check valve on them. Just thinking out of the box.........:cookoo:

• Owner

Ummm... I know its been done for street machines but it could be a serious problem if raw oil was drawn into the exhaust system. THe way I've seen it done on street rigs is drill a hole into the exhaust pipe and insert a pipe running paralell to the flow of the exhaust stream then a natural vacuum is created. But to protect the engine from pressurized exhaust they included a check valve to prevent exhaust pressure entering the crankcase. But the whole idea was given up on when they had to deal with oil entering the exhaust stream and the uncontrolable smoking. Now on Chevy 6.5L they routed the breather into the turbo. This becomes a huge mess for the same reason because when the blowby got bad it would blow oil into the turbo making a huge mess of the air system. Personally I'll let mine drip on the ground...

Very understandable, I have a Moroso kit that comes with hardware for both header collectors. (for my gas 528") It just got me thinking, thay (both) wount hardly suck hard enought to hold a dollar bill aganist the hose, Im not ruling it out, Just say you use your set up with a little twist, As the tube comes up (in front of engine) and down along side the valve cover, THAN,,,, down the pass-side and weld it,, 3-4 feet down from the turbo:smart:,,,, My thinking,,,,:cookoo: the only problem might be the blow-by... More with a diesel, and my other concern was the Turbo with its force....These things (the kit),,(on a gasser) just dont pull that much vacuum, Just enought to keep the crank case from seeing pressure. Like I said,,, just thinking out of the box.:thumb1: On another note you would only use one on the diesel, insted of the two made for the gassers..........I can also see the problem by using the Turbo as a vacuum pump, (way to much).Just trying to figure all the possable draw backs.

Check out the link below. I have this kit and will sell for a song and dance if anyone is interested. I have a brand new filter for it also. I ran it for about 3 years before I got the HP bug and went in a different direction. It worked super. read about it below.:thumbup2:http://www.walkerairsep.com/product_detail.asp?id=439