• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which Web Hosting Plan to Go With Starting Out???

LiveOak

I was on Go Daddy and looking at the web hosting plans and I am not sure which plan I should start out with. They have an Economy, Deluxe, and Unlimited Plan. I was thinking about starting out with the Economy Plan which offers10 GB Space, 300 GB Transfer, 100 Email Accounts, and 10 MySQL Databases. I was thinking I can upgrade as I develop more website traffic.

Any thoughts on this? What has your experience been with this?

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I meant to add after looking further that Go Daddy is offer a special deal in which they will provide the Economy Plan web hosting for $1.99 for the first 3 months.

• Owner

I would start there... They allow upgrade as you go along... Like myself I was there for over 2 years and then just resently I made a upgrade in plan because of my heavy load of members. The enocomy plan allows up to 50 people on a one time. But the deluxe plan allows for 100 people on at one time...

OK, Go Daddy has a special on the Economy Plan that is 36 months @ $3.79 a month. I think I am gonna go with that plan. Question? 1. Is the Deluxe Email Plan worth the extra $1.59 a month for 36 months? I am thinking no. Thoughts? 2. Personal Email Plan cost an extra $0.95 a month for 36 months, is it worth it? 3. Is the Search Engine Visibility Plan that costs an extra $26.99 per year for 3 years worth it? There were some other search engine visibility and marketing plans that I am thinking I don't need as well. Go Daddy sure does add and lot of extraneous stuff. I guess that is where they make their money the best, marketing hype.

• Owner

OK, Go Daddy has a special on the Economy Plan that is 36 months @ $3.79 a month. I think I am gonna go with that plan.

Question?

1. Is the Deluxe Email Plan worth the extra $1.59 a month for 36 months? I am thinking no. Thoughts?

Most likely not... I would start out simple then upgrade as needed...

2. Personal Email Plan cost an extra $0.95 a month for 36 months, is it worth it?

That's up to you do you need it? I've got 100 email boxes as of now just from the basic package...

3. Is the Search Engine Visibility Plan that costs an extra $26.99 per year for 3 years worth it?

Well I'm doing quite well without that extra... If you use a bit of coomn sense and work with Google a bit you can do it without the extra expense...

There were some other search engine visibility and marketing plans that I am thinking I don't need as well. Go Daddy sure does add and lot of extraneous stuff. I guess that is where they make their money the best, marketing hype.

Oh yeah they got to make money some how... :rolleyes:

Thanks Mike. For now I think I will hold off ordering the web hosting until I get the Vbulletin software downloaded, import the SQL database backup, and get the forum up and running on my computer. This may take awhile. Once I have the forum running and looking like I want, then I can order the web hosting package. Does this sound about right??? Don't want to put the cart before the horse.

• Owner

That's a way of holding on to a few nickles till it time... yeah you really don't need the hosting till its ready... As a matter of fact I could even set you up with a temp. Domain name so I can login to your computer and help you work through you problems... http://www.dyndns.com/ This software will give you a domain name so then you can temporary host your VB to the net and allow people like me to aid you while you doing your construction... :smart: Another crazy idea from M73M... :lmao2:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Guest bwashington

I tried a lot of different web hosting plans in the last year.. at the moment I use IX for web hosting and VPS. I like their hosting plans so far because they offer 3 domains at once which is exactly what I need. Support is good too :)