• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel module questions

Two questions about fuel module

1.        Bottom of fuel module there is a couple screen filters.  I broke mine yesterday trying to clean the module up.  With an Airdog  and 2 micron filter, do I even need to have a screen? 

2.        If screen is not needed, can I cut off the bottom and extend draw straw to make sure  zero chance of ¼ tanks issues? 

Thanks

DSCN2429.JPG

DSCN2430[1].jpg

I know Eric (Vulcan Performance) says to leave the screen and red rubber piece in place. I left mine in my fuel module when I upgraded to the drawstraw 5 and I've had no issues with 1/4 problems, although I rarely let it get that low anyways.

With that being said, I doubt you'll have any issues with the screen being gone. I think plenty of people get rid of it anyways and I think it's one of those things where it adds extra 'filtration' from tank junk without decreasing the overall performance of the fuel module or lift pump.

I wouldn't extend the tube any further then was suggested with the screen in place, but that's up to you. You could always call Eric(360-263-6037) as he's a great guy to talk to about these sort of things and will get you headed in the right direction.

Edited by notlimah