• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ceramic Clutch

Call Ray at Custom Clutch and Joint in Cleveland.

(216) 431-1630

He has been making custom clutches for me for the last 40 years. Fabric, Composit, Ceramic, Double and Single Disc. They are very reasonable. Somthing everyone should know about ceramic clutches are very aggressive positive no slip clutches. Great for plowing and heavy towing. In reverse or backing up you will find the truck will tend to buck or jump. Be easy don't accelerate  backing up. If you have a ways to back up put it in reverse totally release the clutch add only as much power as you need to get the job done. and Do not ride or slip these clutches. I drove a semi for 20 years. I have always had good service life out of my clutches. The key is be easy on them and don't slip them. The clutch in my 1999 Dodge / Cummins 2500 is a fabric clutch it's the only thing I could get at the  time. I have 130,000 miles on it with very little ware. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Getting ready to pull a Valair ceramic/Kevlar out of my ride.  I will never run another ceramic clutch on anything.  Absolutely hated it.  Got about 70k on it, which doesn't improve my mood either.

Thanks for posting pics, and estimated wear depth.  That info confirms I'm buying a new flywheel for the next go around.  I'll post some pics when I get around to pulling it.