• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater access Cut Out for cleaning/ servicing

• Staff

My heater blower on the 2001 got cleaned and lubed tonight and blows much better also no longer has the funny vibration sound.

However, not blowing as well as my 2002 with half the miles, I'm wondering if there is a strategic spot to cut out the plenum housing for access for cleaning. I'm not well versed on parts but I believe to be able to clean the evaporative cooler? is that right? Would be great. :think: funny... I always thought that was near the radiator

The blower was a quarter full of pine needles as was the cowel under the windshield so I know there is more yet to clean. I want cut out for future access

T.I.A.

• Staff

actually I was wanting to save that for you Mike. Pay for it you know...... but for now I just need to get some cooling going as it's the worse part of summer right now. What is and where is the 'dan hole? I'm ready to back blow the whole system thru a vent with my back pack blower as it's so hot with a black truck.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Basically pull the blower motor. Then cover the floor with plastic. Then using a garden hose with good pressure keep working till the water run clear. What happens is the evaporator sweats, then dust is turned to mud. Then it dries into a dirt clod. You only be able to work on one side and only the center of the evaporator.

Edited by Mopar1973Man