• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Overhead Console

I was at a junkyard today looking for a grill for my truck and i spotted a 1997-1998 (guessing) Ram 2500 that had an overhead console with temp readout. I started tearing it apart and got the hole wiring harness and console. Anyone know if this will work in my 2002 ? I am hoping they used the same harness for things like this in all those trucks, my trucks in the bodyshop so i can't look at the plug connections. One thing it was missing or at least I couldn't find it..was the temp sensor , and I haevn't got a clue where it was or where it would even hook in to it, anyone help me with some info , and if I wasted my time tearing this out :shrug:

• Owner

Only thing that sucks is that since you got the quadzilla hooked up the numbers are going to be all wrong for MPG... :rolleyes:

That's why I went to ScanGauge II at least I can calibrate it...

www.scangauge.com

As for temp display my little gauge a friend gave me does more...

[*]Inside & Outside

[*]Max record for inside and outside temps

[*]Min record for inside and outside temps

[*]alarm clock

[*]min temp alarm for inside or outside temp

[*]max temp alarm for inside or outside temp

[*]time

Don't ask where to get the gauge... I wish I knew where my friend got it because it really cool gauge...

Depends, dobienut. If it is a 98 truck, then you got all the MPG stuff and all that and have the issues like mike is talking about. If it is a 97, it has temp and direction and thats it. If the dash is the same as yours, it's a 98 with all the MPG stuff.

I'm thinking 97 . Maybe it's not worth the hassle to hook it up anyway, have to try to get a temp prob and hook that in to my harness and stuff, probably easier to stick my head out the window and see how cold it is driving along if I want the temperature :lmao:

The dash either looks exactly the same or not :lol: I haven't traced my wire to see where exactly it goes. I didn't think there was that much to it. I take it the truck didn't have the temp probe in it? Might be hard to track one down at junkyards, maybe not though. Stealership probably wants $50 for it.

I don't know where Mike got this, nor does he seems like lol, is there a brand or anything on that at all Mike?

Posted Image

• Owner

The dash either looks exactly the same or not :lol: I haven't traced my wire to see where exactly it goes. I didn't think there was that much to it. I take it the truck didn't have the temp probe in it? Might be hard to track one down at junkyards, maybe not though. Stealership probably wants $50 for it.

I don't know where Mike got this, nor does he seems like lol, is there a brand or anything on that at all Mike?

Posted Image

I can't even seem to find the owners manual for it...:cry::banghead: