• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So 2 days after a long road trip I noticed a new noise that sounds like its coming out of the exhaust. Between about 1100-1200rpm I get a loud tick/tat that I can clearly hear over my exhaust. It happens in all gears and only really makes the noise when I'm on the throttle, can't hear anything at idle. My only thought is my exhaust valves are out of adjustment going to adjust then tomorrow to see if it fixes it, but not sure:shrug: Any thoughts please let me know.

You can hear it clear when it gets warmed up but still when its cold, just not as well. Can't hear it at idle, only half throttle not WOT. Can hear very clear in 5th and 6th gear but some times in other gears and like I said before it between 1100 to 1200RPM.