• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

front hubs

Hello,, got a buddy w/a 2001 2wheel drive , he just put brake pads on,, then he calls me that he had to order hubs cause the bearings were bad[ 165000 miles], I told him he can just order new bearings,,am I right, can he have the old ones pressed out and new one put back in,,, whats a good recomended bearing? Thanks

Hello,, got a buddy w/a 2001 2wheel drive , he just put brake pads on,, then he calls me that he had to order hubs cause the bearings were bad[ 165000 miles], I told him he can just order new bearings,,am I right, can he have the old ones pressed out and new one put back in,,, whats a good recomended bearing? Thanks

Like Mopar said, you need a 11/2 socket for the spindle nut and a puller to brake loose bearing seat from spindle. The BEARING IN HUBB & ROTOR come off in one assembly. Flip the rotor/hubb assem. over and you will see the Bolts holding the hubb on the rotor. THE BEARING IS PRESSED IN THE HUBB. CARQUEST for 1 source CARRY'S JUST THE BEARING. careful with the hubb bolts they will snapp easily as the heat from rotors has "case hardened" them over time Hope this helps your frend Richie

• 3 weeks later...