• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nice Truck Little Fuel Problem

Hey Hey! 

I have a 05 CTD that will not hold prime in the fuel filter housing. To date I have done: New FCA, Fuel pressure regulator,  relief valve, New transfer pump and module in the tank. Checked the supply and return line to the filter housing from, the tank, no leaks. tightened all injector fuel tubes. double checked all injector lines, no problems or defects. Checked my fuel supply to the CP3 660 Mil. in 10 seconds. Hot engine CP3 return to the tank 700 Mil in 60 seconds. Checked injectors return hot engine to tank 100 Mils in 60 seconds. Replaced all banjo washers with Tork Teks. Replaced the rubber hoses to and from the CP from filter housing. Also carefully inspected the filter housing cap and o ring for damage, no problems. Checked the crankshaft position sensor and the fan clutch. All Good. Any CTD fans seen this before? Cummins all the way!

• 4 months later...
Guest 04Mach1

http://cppdiesel.com/cummins-3164325-rail-test-plug-03-07-5-9l/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuYTYBRDsARIsAJnrUXC0-lWR5KP1L5-4-3OEGhJM_xMOfxXsbhISL6oArwJ8iHLoirhPGSoaAvRJEALw_wcB

Try these. Remove 1 injector line at a time and  install plug on the rail. My bet is you have a leaky injector. When truck starts easily you found your leaking injector. Sometimes there is more then 1 leaking  injector causing low rail pressure and loss of prime issues. I have started these engines with only 2 injectors getting any fuel feed.