• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Hey Hey! 

I have a 05 CTD that will not hold prime in the fuel filter housing. To date I have done: New FCA, Fuel pressure regulator,  relief valve, New transfer pump and module in the tank. Checked the supply and return line to the filter housing from, the tank, no leaks. tightened all injector fuel tubes. double checked all injector lines, no problems or defects. Checked my fuel supply to the CP3 660 Mil. in 10 seconds. Hot engine CP3 return to the tank 700 Mil in 60 seconds. Checked injectors return hot engine to tank 100 Mils in 60 seconds. Replaced all banjo washers with Tork Teks. Replaced the rubber hoses to and from the CP from filter housing. Also carefully inspected the filter housing cap and o ring for damage, no problems. Checked the crankshaft position sensor and the fan clutch. All Good. Any CTD fans seen this before? Cummins all the way!

Yes I tried that. No difference.  And no gauge on the low pressure side. Most of the banjo washers were in bad shape. I found 2 more needing to be replaced.  There on order. Will install and see. .could the injector relief valve be hung?

http://cppdiesel.com/cummins-3164325-rail-test-plug-03-07-5-9l/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuYTYBRDsARIsAJnrUXC0-lWR5KP1L5-4-3OEGhJM_xMOfxXsbhISL6oArwJ8iHLoirhPGSoaAvRJEALw_wcB

Try these. Remove 1 injector line at a time and  install plug on the rail. My bet is you have a leaky injector. When truck starts easily you found your leaking injector. Sometimes there is more then 1 leaking  injector causing low rail pressure and loss of prime issues. I have started these engines with only 2 injectors getting any fuel feed.