• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Overhead Computer went South, should I care?

War Eagle

First thing I noticed was that my OH computer started to tell me the outdoor temp was 130 degrees F. Now every time I check its 130 degrees F.

Then a little while later it started to reset the ave mpg every time the truck started. So every time I start the truck the ave mpg reported is 0.  However, as you drive it appears to be working to calculate the ave mpg but it now starts at zero.

The miles driven are being reported the same as the odometer.

Any one have any similar experience?  If I wanted to fix the problem, what needs to be fixed?  Is there module or computer or something that needs replacement?

If I choose not to fix it am I risking something else not working right in the system?  As an example is the overhead doing or reporting anything to some other system on the truck that is now negatively affecting some other operation? 

The only thing that I ever use my overhead display for is temperature, and even then in the winter when I have winter fronts on it isn't very accurate.  I've never paid attention to the other functions to see if they act the same as yours.  The connection inside there is easy to access, maybe pull it down and check the connection.

• 1 year later...

Or you could just forget about it. It doesn't do anything, or affect anything concerning the engine, or other accessories. I have a small TFT monitor mounted up there that almost completely covers mine up. It's for my cameras, and will also (shortly) be for my Intel NUC that I will install in the bottom seat/console box.