• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bosch products are (good or average)

Are bosch products above average or so so.  

I'm planning on couple of months to add a line fuel pump to a small class C RV.  Going to be under the thing messing with other stuff so might as well add inline pump, in case regular in tank fails.  And only want to do this job one time.  This is GAS not diesel.  Custom welding shop guys say they like bosch 044 and hard to go wrong with bosch.  I dont need that kind of psi.  Only 20-40 psi on small V8

Have you had any experience with bosch products other than vp44?  

What do you think about their products or who makes a good gas inline GAS fuel pump? 

1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

I always thought Bosch was one of the better ones, at least 10-15 years ago haven't bought too many Bosch things recently

Tks for responding. Guess I was trying to say... I associate certain bands names with their quality.  Such as I would never go through the hassle of dropping gas tank and installing a harbor freight fuel pump.  Was wondering if the bosch name is overall good or not.  Only thing I've ever touched that is bosch is the vp44.  Which there is a lot of problems on here about them.  But the gov't changed their soldier and fuel specs.  So not sure if problems with vp44 is something that is entirely their fault.  

• Staff
18 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Are bosch products above average or so so

Bosch is what I use in the Volvo work I do.  Not only is it OEM in a lot of the Volvo cars but also in BMW and MBZ.

they like bosch 044 and hard to go wrong with bosch. 

That Bosch fuel pump 044 is all most identical to the Bosch fuel pump 068 that was used for over 12 years as the main fuel pump in the 240, 740, 760 and 940 models.  They hold up well with the average replacement at over 180.000 miles.

I dont need that kind of psi.  Only 20-40 psi on small V8

Yes the fuel pressure out put can be over 100 PSI but the fuel pressure regulator positioned after the injectors will control it.  On a gas fuel injection system the needed fuel pressure will vary from manufacture and model.  For the most part I see the fuel pressure at the low end about 35 PSI and the high at 55 PSI depending on the model and injection system.    

That type of pump does draw a lot of  AMPS so use a 30 amp rated relay with a 25 amp fuse and 14 gauge wire.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1