• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P1488

Guest 04Mach1

Guest 04Mach1

So yesterday I pulled a trailer weighing approximately 6k-7k pounds that had most of my tools and some household junk in it. I decided to put the truck back to stock programming since I don't have a pyrometer installed. After flashing the ECM back to stock just for grins I checked for fault codes and have a p1488. I reflashed the ECM and still have the P1488 that won't clear. The truck runs fine and doesn't have a CEL so I'm sure it'll be an easy fix. I haven't dug into it but I suspect I'm going to find a bad MAP or CMP sensor or possibly bad wiring.

Guest 04Mach1

I still haven't diagnosed it, been too busy moving to Colorado. The truck is running great. I averaged 17.4 mpg running 70-75 mph with the trailer. Other than abnormally high mpg with no load or trailer I haven't noticed anything else. I suspect I'll find a bad sensor also when I diagnose.