• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 ram 2500 sport headlight issue

I have a 1999 ram 2500 sport that previous owner put some crap aftermarket led headlights on.  I ordered oem 4 bulb (2 each side) headlights and repaired patched in wiring.  Once installed the inner bulb on each headlight works as both hi and low.  The flashers and running lights work.  The outer headlight bulb on each side will not light hi or low.  On my way to get my multimeter now.  Do the outer two bulbs light on hi only or low and high?  Are they a separate fuse?  I don't see any cuts like the mains had.  P.s. this is a true sport with 2 headlight cables per side not a conversion.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

20190311_095915.jpg

Yes.  They came with the oem light bulbs installed.  I'll pull them to be sure.  I also bought spares so I can switch to those too.

Update:

So the bulbs are correct bulbs.  I took the volt meter to the two inner headlight bulbs and they are not getting power.  Btw its the two inner bulbs that arent working not the two outer.  The inner bulbs only have 2 wires.  The outer have three and work on hi and lo.  Guessing the inner are just for low?

Update2: solved

Problem was blow fuse.  On sport model there is 1 fuse for left hi and lo bulb, 1 fuse for right hi and lo bulb, and a third fuse (quad lights) for the 2 inner bulbs that work with the right and left outer bulbs (hi or lo).  This 3rd fuse was probably blow during the previous owners attempt to hack in no compatible headlights.  Hope this helps someone else too.  Thanks for the replies I got!

Edited by Diesel Don
Solved