• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Truck........Almost

dorkweed

Took the truck into the shop on Monday. I hadn't been driving it since the previous Wednesday due to the eee, eee, eee, sound I was hearing from the front drivers side axle U-joint. Didn't want to break the joint, so I borrowed a truck for a few days before they could get my truck into the shop. I told to replace both axle U-joints and the pinion seal which has been leaking for about 30,000 miles now!!!! I also told them to check the whole front end......ball joints, tie rods, etc. Anyhow, I thought my truck was still real "tight" until I got it back yesterday. Holy Cow!!!!! Man is she responsive now!!! She takes the bumps in our shitty roads better, rides smoother and is quieter over bumps. The Ford truck I borrowed was like going from a Bentley to a Yugo!!! Those Fords have no power down low at all and I returned the truck averaging 12.9mpg. The same driving with my truck would get me about 17-18mpg. That's about a 50% better mileage by my calculations!!! :thumbsup The only bad news about this was the $$$$$$$!!! It ran me almost $1800.00 and that was with the owner knocking off about $200 on the parts for me!!!! He put in my SB clutch also!!! He couldn't believe how well that bad boy was built and the price that I got it for!!! Anyhow, the girl drives better now than when I drove her off the lot.......no kidding!!!!! My truck before the work still drove better than the Ford I borrowed that was supposedly "alligned" about 2 months prior!!!!I got all greasable fittings with this install. Axle U-joints, ball joints, tie-rod end whatever. I'm just gonna grease them about every other TP change and call it good.

• Owner

Right on Dorkweed...Yeah I know that front end parts are high priced but if done right its worth every nickle paid on it... So far I've been extremely lucky and not had to replace any front end parts yet except for my front driveshaft u-joints... But like anything it will wear out soon enough... :rolleyes Its funny you metion the Ford you got as a loaner... I'm surprised that it did so poorly in MPG and performance... :wow

• 1 month later...