• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What ever trailer is handy

When we bought this trailer I was against having electric brakes. Since we got it I find lots uses to tow light stuff behind the pickup. 

Trailer is to heavy and tongue heavy to tow much more then a skidsteer I use it to haul 33ft top rail for building fence today I'm going to pick up a pile of trailer house axles I bought along with some trailer tongues.

I think this trailer weighs 9000lbs empty. (Think ) tag on trailer is unreadable. also have a gooseneck but I'm not always around it so this is often handy for what I'm doing.

20190629_131525.jpg

• Staff

Wholey Cow! That ain't no trailer .....that's a heavy equipment hauler. Nice one!

Hope you don't let out your address IBMobile probly come steal that..... he loves hauling heavy with his 47re  :whistle2:

• Like 1

• Staff

I think it was back in the 50's or 60's that a plumber told me he was working with an excavator on a high school addition in Monterey. Lots of Spanish history in that area, when the excavator unearthed a large cache of spanish gold coins. He told me you could see them falling out of the bucket and scatter as the machine swung around to empty. Problem came when word spread fast about the treasure and kids and everybody went down to collect coins. When the police showed to stop the bonanza, they were also searching everyone to get the coins back. Some like the plumber got away with a couple of the coins hidden in his tool box. This was told to me at break time on a hotel we were framing in Monterey in 77 not too long after the treasure was uncovered anyway.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our other trailer. We run this trail at its rated capacity 25k. It's not able to withstand daily use at this capacity. 

Ive rebuild all suspensions spring hangers and the tongue. The backhoe beat  through them. 

Its on the cheaper end but I do not believe the ones costing more are any better . They do have gussets tongues, pj's are nicer better welds alittle more pride goes into them. But you get to the working end at the axles and they're all the same cookie cutter mounts. Most people wont run a trailer like this at capacity very much.

My thoughts for the morning.

20190816_121204.jpg

Edited by Evan

• 3 months later...