• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

electrical turn signals and brake lights

2005 3500 I got the turn signals hooked up and working with no brake lights, the brake lights are run on another wire instead of like the older models were they work together, I need to know if I can hook the brake wire to the turn signal wire without harming anything with power running back on the turn signal wire, if you have any advice PLEASE let me know..

not a real expert at that new of vehicle but i will say this. if you jump the brake wire to the turn signal brakes will probably work fine but when you attempt to use your turn signal you will create a path for both lights, so it will function like the hazard lights both sides will flash:banghead:

I highly reccommend removing the scotchlocks from the schemeatic. They are a mechanics best friend because they will always have to be redone, In short they are junk and should not even be sold,escpecially if one lives in an area of snow where they speard salt or other corrosive substances on the road to melt ice and snow. It gets into the wires at ther scotchlock which has compromised the integritty of the wire and insulation and you wind up with a few feet of green and more issues that you didn't want.

• Owner

I highly reccommend removing the scotchlocks from the schemeatic. They are a mechanics best friend because they will always have to be redone, In short they are junk and should not even be sold,escpecially if one lives in an area of snow where they speard salt or other corrosive substances on the road to melt ice and snow. It gets into the wires at ther scotchlock which has compromised the integritty of the wire and insulation and you wind up with a few feet of green and more issues that you didn't want.

I do too.. But this pic was a snag and paste from another site... :smart: