• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No bus, no cluster, truck does run though

Would a bad sensor cause the bus to go down? I have codes p0113 p0122 p0237 and P1698 which says it is not found in the database. Also the first DTC1 is no communication with vehicle ecu

Edited by Beam52

• Owner
1 hour ago, Beam52 said:

Would a bad sensor cause the bus to go down?

No. 

Here is the causes of the Bus Failure...

he CCD data bus can be monitored using the DRBIII scan tool. However, it is possible for the data bus to pass all tests since the voltage parameters will be in “range“ and false signals are being sent. There are essentially 12 “hard failures“ that can occur with the CCD data bus:

• Bus Shorted to Battery

• Bus Shorted to 5 Volts

• Bus Shorted to Ground

• Bus (+) Shorted to Bus (–)

• Bus (–) and Bus (+) Open

• Bus (+) Open

• Bus (–) Open

• No Bus Bias

• Bus Bias Level Too High

• Bus Bias Level Too Low

• No Bus Termination

• Not Receiving Bus Messages Correctly

Again you need to check the BUS+ and BUS- voltages and you should have 2.49 volts and 2.51 volts at rest after booting up and engine not running. Red probe on the Pin 11 of the OBDII port and Pin 3. The black probe goes to ground on the DVM.

ccd network wiring

1 hour ago, Beam52 said:

P1698 which says it is not found in the database.

I have discovered that I have no ground to the fuse box under the hood. I can put the leads on the positive post on the fuse panel and onto the negative terminal on the battery and get 12.5v but none testing the negative terminal 

Update: I have 2.43 and 2.45 volts to the pcm, they are the wrong voltage but it is voltage. I have -bus voltage to the ecm plug but no voltage to the +bus. I have .3 ohms from the ecm -bus to the pcm -bus and OL when the +bus wire is ohmed out.  Also when I plug the pcm in the voltage is killed. I have the abs, air bag, radio unplugged. So I’m thinking I have a short in the harness somewhere. What do y’all think? Just tested the obd connector, at first it had 1.5 volts to both -&+ bus wires, the I unplugged the timing control module and it jumped to 2.43 and 2.45v. Shorter tcm? 

Edited by Beam52