Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prowelder

Harder starting when warm?

Prowelder

Everyone,Well my truck has done this for a little while, but thought I would ask and see what people say. The truck starts great in the morning everytime. It seems to mostly do the harder starter (when it has to crank a few more times to start) when the engine is warm. I'm going to start to watch and see if that is a rule with it or not. The VP is new for the second time on 7/23/2010 from Midwest Fuel Injection. The first one was replaced on 1/11/2010. Fuel pressure is good, no codes and the truck runs great otherwise with high 17s or 18s mpg on average. Any thoughts guys??:shrug:Also I should say it did this a few times after I put the new VP on, then I tighten the injector lines and it didn't seem to do it again. But recently I started doing it again. Doesn't always do it and it doesn't seem to matter if the truck is facing up or down hill...:ahhh:Thanks,Winslow

Mopar1973Man

That's a tough one... I want to say try pulling the lift pump lead and seeing if the truck start easy without the lift pump at start time. Possibly a weak diaphragm? Too much cranking pressure? :shrug:

Prowelder

Tell me about it. It doesn't look on the gauge to be too high, but you never know. What's strange is it doesn't do it all the time. I might try the lift pump idea and see what happens. I've tried not to let it bother me as that will only make my mad, but figured I would try to get some ideas on it!:thumbup2: