• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

truck turns off when put into drive

hey guys i currently have an issue with my truck, i recently replaced the intake pump and injection pump and it has been fine all the way up until now . yesterday i was sitting at a red light and the truck started pouring out black smoke and felt like it wanted to take off. so i put the truck into neutral and when to put it back into drive then it shut off, it did this about 8 times then i got frustrated and held my foot on the gas and put it into drive and took off. it does feel like its under powered now  almost like in limp mode. 

when i bought the truck about 4 months ago it had a reman new transmission in the truck , fluid is clean , i haven't had a change to bring a scanner home from work to check for codes

and the fluid color is bright red , its not dark or burnt smelling at all