• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need some help with iquad please

Good day Gents,

I have recently purchased a 1999 Dodge with 5.7 Cummins 24v and it came with iquad adrenaline "aggressive" setup.  The vehicle had 275hp injectors which i replaced with 50hp just last week.  When i first got the vehicle the programming did not seem to work: no matter what the setting, the power output was the same and fuel economy sat at around 14mpg. With the new injectors, there is now a definite response from the different program settings  however, the milage has not changed one bit even with the lower hp injectors and a full tank of babying the throttle. 

I have read through quite a few of the posts, i appreciate your knowledge and willingness to help: i need your help with: 

Making sure I have chosen the correct vehicle as there are at least four options for a 1999 2500.  Second, after browsing the forums I saw moparman's custom tune for daily driving, i attempted to input this into my phone's app but it did not have all of the same parameters. It was missing options for selecting: 6 degrees of timing, low boost scale at 25% and an option for fuel load timing 2

Appreciate your help,

1999 2500 5.7 24 valve cummins, 4x4, borg warner s366/73/.91 with CR thrust performance kit, hoesli valve cover, #110 valve springs, ARP 425s, DPS 3 piece exhaust manifold, pusher intake manifold, S&B intake, FASS 150 titanium series with 20psi regulator springs, Quadzilla adr2000 aggressive, ATS triple disc converter, Billet flex plate, Billet input shaft, Billet accumulator, ATS shift kit with separator plate, stock sunshell  stock intermediate, stock output with new (2018) clutch packs. Approximately 215000kms. Tires are 315/75/r16 bf goodrich all terrain ta. Hopefully that helps as I don't know anything else.

It's a 5.9, you have somewhat big tires to get good mpg, guessing 3.55 gears. You still should see 16- 18s for mpg. V2 dodge 1998-2002 version 2.7 is what you want. You have a big turbo for 50hp injectors, 150 hp 7x10 vcos set at 320bar would be a good set up for 500hp if you can tune it right. 

1 hour ago, Cliffordrules said:

Quadzilla adr2000 aggressive

This sounds like old tuning not v2 where you can adjust things yourself. Maybe your problem. 

Typo, yes 5.9.

The turbo was for the original 275hp injectors.

My original selection was the Dodge 1998-2002 v.1.9 where nothing i did changed performance of the truck (most notably, no effect in valet mode, truck ran the same). After reading some of the forum, I noticed another member having some issues, and the prescribed resolution was wrong vehicle selection.  After changing my vehicle selection to Dodge 1998-2001 v2.7 I noticed that input changes to the iquad app had effect on performance. It was only when I began to add the custom tuning of mopar1973man that I noticed I was missing a few variables to modify.

Look at the data log section,do you havea date in the build date field?

If yes youhave v2

If no you have older tunes.

The vehicle profile needs to match the flash on the box under the hood.

That turbo is going to suck hardcore regardless.  With 50's throw a stock turbo on it.

No build date in the data log.

So if it is not v2, why is there no difference whatsoever when i do choose the 1.9version dodge 1998-2001 and go through the 11 levels of the default programming? There should at least be a fluctuation in rpm at idle? 

I agree, turbo is a bit much now.

The turbo isn't a bit much, its a flat out bad turbo for a VP truck.  It will be hot, smokey, and very laggy.   with the big injectors it might light before redline, but with the 50's it will be complete garbage.    Put a stock turbo on it.  

no build date means you have older V1 tunes so you need to use the 1.9 profile.      RPMS will not fluctuate at idle as the quadzilla is doing nothing at idle state.  lvl 0 vs lvl 11 should be a big difference when you step on it.