• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

John Deere 455 Fuel Filter Fittings Problem

JAG1

• Staff

On my fuel filter housing, John Deere 455 has it mounted it on the engine where it shakes the hell out of it and the 90 degree steel nipples going into the filter aren't threaded, but just pressed in  :think:. One came loose and leaked. Right now I got it held in with a zip tie keeping it held in and doesn't leak. Can I take the filter assembly off, clean it all up and sweat those fittings in place like you would copper ? I would like to fix it and not buy another filter assembly if all they do is build without threaded fittings...... those turkeys.

• Staff

Thanks for asking Royal Squire. I am really lazy today from a fall I had yesterday (some soreness), but I think I will try buying a different filter base for a small diesel engine after I try JB weld like IBMobile says. I just got out of a lengthy suit and still trying to get back to my old self. That tractor is becoming a legend in our family  (1996).

The fitting is all steel no brass insert that is simply pressed into the cast housing. I think those filters are best mounted on the frame as that Yanmar really shakes it being a little 3 cylinder engine and not a lot of weight.

Edited by JAG1