• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

I added this today while home recovering from Wuhans.

The filter is rated 95%, 140 microns, per SAE J1985 test. Pretty cheap off of Amazon and a bunch of filters cross over, so shouldn't pose a problem traveling. https://shop.donaldson.com/store/en-us/product/P552203/1553#

The base is a standard cheap WIX 24770 universal unit. I drilled and tapped the frame 5/16" NF.

I wanted to put a shut-off valve on the tank side, but decided I can just pinch off the hose when the time comes.

Since I removed the "sock" in the tank when the Draw Straw went in, I needed some protection for the lift pump. I searched a 100 micron filter that would fit this filter base, but couldn't find one. Originally I had purchased 25 micron filters for this base, but decided that was too fine - I'd rather change the under hood filter more often!

KIMG0835.JPG

Edited by LorenS
  • Like 2