• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

W-t ground mod.

1998 1/2 5spd.        I am doing the w-t ground mod. I dont understand why I need to remove the alternator charging wire going though the bundle to the pdc. Why would i not just leave it? I am doing this in hopes to fix my grounds to get rid of a dead pedal issue. So what am i missing? 

Ok. I have it apart at the bundle. I have cut off the grounds stripped the wire and was getting ready to solder. Then i thought what about the big black charging wire. Then i read disconnect it from the pdc. I thought thats a lot of work fishing it out of that bundle down the side of the block and back up the side. I am half tempted to cut it off down in the bundle and up by the pdc. Lol. Maybe it will just pull out.

• Owner

Down at the wye of the cables you got to have a sharp knife or cutter and cut the friction tape and the cable comes right out. I've done a few of these mods and they ttypically work out good. I've done one in Ontario, OR and it worked out good and finished in just over an hour to do the project. I've done my landlord for my other shop his turned out good but the circuit breaker wouldn't hold his loads for what ever reason. I had to install a fuse on the passenger side and it worked fine.