• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

06-08 engine bay reservoirs - coolant and washer

Rogan

I've seen a few 3G trucks with coolant bottle in the RR of the bay (pass side firewall) and washer fluid in the LF.   My 07.5 has the combo bottle in the LF.   What denotes the other (separated design) layout vs the combination tank?

I ask, because I'd like to separate mine, due to some PTO pump clearances I'm looking to add.

If one of you know what particular denotation the separated tanks are (or hell, even PNs), I'd greatly appreciate it.   I'm looking to go this separated tank layout.

Regards,

EngineBay1-2005 2500.jpg

Edited by Rogan

Correct, and I'm aware it was a 5.9 pic.  But I was unsure if the bays are really any different.  I know the 6.7 turbo is alot lower and further back, too.  But wasn't sure if the bottles would interchange, that's all.

I appreciate your input, as always.

Edited by Rogan

• Staff

The 5.9 and 6.7 in 2007 have lots in common with their cooling systems, aside from the routing of the water cooled turbo. 

I would look at your setup and see how the overflow bottle is plumbed into it. You might also want to look at a early 4th gen, as they were split tanks and still ran a radiator cap. There isn't a radiator cap on the later 4th gens, so the bottle will be different there too. 

• Like 1