• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

U0151 - 2008 3500 6.7L DRW G56

Rogan

So I got my truck back together after 1/2 a yr..  But I get this U0151 (Lost Communication with Restraints Control (RCM) Module)

I tried MODIS, and AlfaOBD and cannot connect to it.   Tried following some troubleshooting tips on obd-codes.com, to no avail..  I am mechanically and 12V electrically inclined, but the troubleshooting tips made not much sense..

Anyone here seen this issue/fixed this issue, or have any guidance?  The Airbag light is on, and I cannot get the truck state-safety inspected until it's fixed..

Thank you.

U0151 Lost Communication with Restraints Control (RCM) Module

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/u0151
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

• Owner

What the error is complaining about is there is no communication to that module. That means the CANBus connection is lost and you'll need a wire map and find the pair of wire going to the module and testing to see if the wires are good and seeing signal. It's possible to have a module shorted out and failed too. You might give Module Masters a call in Moscow, Idaho and see if they handle these modules if so maybe they would know the diagnostics for the code. 

ModuleMaster
Electronics manufacturer in Moscow, Idaho
Address: 2006 S Main St, Moscow, ID 83843

Phone: (208) 892-0764

SOMEHOW, fuse 20/21 in the TIPM were pulled (they are joined in a fuse carrier) and were somehow disconnected from the circuit.   The U0151 code isn't appearing now.  But I still get a long crank, and (most times) need to remote lock/unlock to get the truck to start; otherwise, it just cranks/no start..  

Man, the bugs/gremlins you get when a truck sits for extended periods of time..  LOL

Thanks, Michael!

Rick