• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

WOT upon starting

• Owner

Just for info purpose. 

I had a customers truck here for a Timbo APPS install and shortly later it popped a P1689 code for the VP44. After all my time and installed the VP44 and got it finished. I didn't quite get the APPS plug back in all the way... It created a nice failed started condition. The owner fired up the truck and it was missing and shuddering. I ran and got the code reader and sure enough there was a P0123 code. I simply push the connector together and reset the codes. Very fixable but, what I wanted to show is...

•  IF there is a APPS sensor problem typically 99.9% of the time there is a error code.
  • VP44 issues can be present without any codes thrown.
  • ECM problems typically with have a rash of all hi volt or lo volt codes. Wait to start light problems or P0606 code. 

You've got the WTS light problem so this is the direction your going to have to travel and have the ECM inspected and tested. 

• Owner

Not really... The dealer can only put the DRBIII tool on it and see if there is codes. As for true testing yes you need to pick a rebuilder and have it sent in to verify the ECM isn't physically damaged internally. The dealer won't verify the internals at all being they have zero means to do any electrical rebuilding.