• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Aftermarket keyless entry/alarm

• Staff

I just got my 01 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport QCLB HO Cummins 4x4 a month ago, and it didn't come with keyless entry. I looked at the CTM and it is the single plug module and not the premium unit needed for keyless entry.

I mostly just want keyless entry and an alarm on the pickup, and don't care about remote start since it has a manual trans.

I know of Viper, Compustar, and other brands of keyless entry/alarm systems, but which one would be good without breaking the bank. 

Edited by 99_Cummins_4x4

I have compustar keyless/remote start on my truck and my 06 mustang with a stick, no alarms though.  They both cost me about $400 installed.  The unit in the truck has worked perfectly for the last three years.  The one in the car works, but for some reason when I use it my tail lights don't work.  If I shut the car off and start it normally they work again so it hasn't bothered me too much.  It may also be related to my aftermarket tail lights, that car doesn't seem to care for LED's anyhow.  

• Staff

I thought you posted that you can remote start your pickup from within your house.

I guess I misunderstood that maybe you were just able to monitor it via your Quadzilla while it was warming up and defrosting the snow off of it.

Does anybody have a recommendation for keyless entry/car alarm - Viper, Compustar, Avital, Crimestopper, etc?

Edited by 99_Cummins_4x4